Buoyancy aids/ leashes are mandatory and must be worn at all times.
Where to launch:
- Far left end of the beach or if conditions allow between the black and white flags. You will be advised by the hire operator. DO NOT launch or return between the Red & Yellow Flags.
How to launch and exit:
- Keep the paddleboard /kayak pointing straight out to sea on both launch and exit.
- DO NOT stay where the waves are breaking, you must not use the kit to surf with.
- On SUP’S always launch and exit the water on your knees only stand once past the breaking waves.
Falling off and recovery (SUP):
- Fall away from the board keeping hold of your paddle at all times.
- Get back onto the board in the middle using the handle for guidance or from the back.
- If you feel in danger or have any problems wave the paddle or your arm in the air and the lifeguards will see this as an emergency and come to your assistance.
- Keep hold of your paddle at all times.
- For double kayaks go to opposite sides from each other. Heaviest person to get in first at the back while other person holds kayak
- For single kayaks, lift your chest on to the kayak first then swing your legs on.
- If you feel in danger or have any problems wave the paddle or your arm in the air and the lifeguards will see this as an emergency and come to your assistance